Car Seats!

I have a car seat from my first child in 2006 and she only used it a year... it still looks perfect! I was wondering if car seats ever need a safety inspection after a few years? My next baby wil l be born July 09 but i want to make sure this is safe! Anyone know anything about this....? Its a Graco!

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 9:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Look on the bottom of the carseat. You should be able to find a Date of Manufacture (DOM) somewhere on there. All seats are dated. As long as the seat hasn't been involved in an accident, and it is not past the expiration date, you're fine using it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• you should ALWAYS get your car seat inspected after another child uses it. even if your passing it from one of your kids to the next. Always get it checked! Grats on the new baby mommy!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 9:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree get it checked out but most car seats have a six year expiration. Good Luck and Congrats!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• where do i get it checked at?
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2009