The other Veggies.....

At what age is it ok to give the non-traditional veggies (things you don't find in baby food jars) like Asparagus, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Eggplant, etc? I make all of my DD's baby food (no jarred/pre-made foods). I've tried looking online but get such mixed responses. I'd like to know when other Moms introduced these foods.

Kimebs

Asked by Kimebs at 9:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didnt start feeding my son things like that untill about 10-12 mths because those kind of foods are gassy foods, and for a smaller baby it can be harder for them to tolerate...but why dont you call the pedi and ask...Honestly it all depends on the child, but the doctor could help
    peachkitten2

Answer by peachkitten2 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I don't think it would be a huge issue as long as it is all pureed and stuff....... But, I would consult my baby's Dr. as well, just to be on the safest side possible! I know Gerber puts Broccoli in w/cheese in the stage 3 foods......
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 10:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Really, anytime after 6mos. would be okay as long as you only do 1 new food at a time. However, if you want to be more cautious you can wait until about 8-10mos.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 6, 2009