Any way to help my baby crawl?

My little one is 5 months old,Im sure hes ready to hit this milestone.Hes mobile but not crawling.He more like spins.He rolls over and spins,alot.He can lift his head when on his belly but isnt in the crawling position and I was just wondering how I can get him into that position?And encourage him to crawl,I have all the crawling toys,the only thing we are missing is the actual crawling position.

Chrystal_A

Asked by Chrystal_A at 9:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The only thing I did was put my DD on her stomach, and she learned to crawl on her own.

Answer by louise2 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• cherish where she is at right now you never get this time back. i agree with the poster above do lots of tummy time if you are incuraging her to craw.
    electricblue

Answer by electricblue at 10:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You can't force it, and the baby will do it in his own time, but one thing that I did to help strengthen those muscles, was to put a small pillow under her tummy so that she had to push up with her hands to make her head level, and I tucked her legs up so that she was on her knees.  It doesn't make it go any faster, but does help the baby get used to the position.

Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• We are always in a hurry to have our little ones hit those great milestones but once they do, you wish for the times when they could just lay or sit up and play by themselves w/out being so mobile!!!! Soon, he will be running and you trying to catch him!!! My youngest just learned how to crawl and go forward when she was 7mo. of age.... Before that she would just roll wherever she wanted to go!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My daughter is 8 months old and not crawling. Shes very mobile. She gets around. Alot of babies skip crawling. I think she will walk first. She did this frog hop thing once, but no crawling yet. I wouldnt worry. Stick to tummy time and let him go at his own pace. Good luck :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2009