How am I supposed to go on bedrest?

I'm just wondering how I could possibly go on bed rest if I'm a SAHM with two little girls? There is no chance that DH could take off two months while I rest, so what am I supposed to do if dr. recommends bed rest for me? Any one had this dilemma before?

sararsara

Asked by sararsara at 10:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• blowing bubblesgood luckThat is a tough one, I wish I could help. How old are the girls? I hate to say this but have them watch TV for now until you get better or give them something to do like color, play with certain toys, put shaving cream on your table and let them have at it (no menthol) just anything that will keep them occupied. Have ramen noodles ready for them or mac and cheese just snacks to keep their bellies happy too.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• That is so hard! I guess I would look to family to see if anyone could take turns coming to take care of the girls until your hubby gets home. Or you might have to hire help. I would talk to the dr again and tell him your circumstances again and see how dire bedrest is...and what he means by bedrest as there are dfferent levels.
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I always wondered the same thing, but millions women mangae to do it somehow, hopefully they read this and give you the answers you need
    amber1216

Answer by amber1216 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my sis took me and my babies for 6 weeks. She watched all four kids while I watched Judge Judy and Jon and Kate plus 8.. LOL.. She was a great help.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009