dropin bottles

i jus switeched to playtex dropins and im a lil confused...1 side of the bottle says drop in 8oz and the other side says expandable dropin 10oz my baby is eatin 4 oz at a feeding adn i dont kno which 4 oz to fill it to..i got the refills and it says dropins 8-10oz and it says on the front expands to 10oz which which 4oz line do i fill it 2 cus its quit a bit of a differnce thanks

Brinkleysmommy1

Asked by Brinkleysmommy1 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The expandable ones look kinda like an accordian, where the regular drop ins are a straight tube. I think you will like the drop ins that really are great, you get a clean sterile bottle for every feeding, and only have to wash the nipples and lip of the actual bottle, no need to use a bottle brush. I also think squeezing out the air, helps with fussy babies, gas, and ear aches.
    prettyeyedmommy

Answer by prettyeyedmommy at 10:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• thanks but im not sure which 4 oz line to fill it 2..they have came out with new liners so i dont which 4 oz line on hte bottle to fill it..the one thats says expandable 10oz dropins or the side taht says dropins 8oz
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If the drop in you are using says "expandable" use the side of the bottle that says expandable (meausres up to 9 or 10 oz). If the drop in your ar using does not say anything about expandable or only says 8 oz, use the other side of the bottle that only goes to 7 or 8 oz. (my bottles only measured to 7 oz if I remember correctly. I loved the expandable ones b/c once dd was taking 7 - 8 oz a day, I needed that extra room to add the formula to the water. With the expandable drop ins, the bag spreads out at the bottom and allows for more room.

If you have brand liners, they should have numbers on the liner itself. That's what I always tried to use to measure. Or if you are really unsure, use a measureing cup to measure 4 oz then pour it in and see where it goes.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2009