How much back pain is normal at 32 weeks?

I have severe back pain. It feels like im going to throw up. Also, i have pain and pressure in my vagina i was just wondering if i should call the dr.

sarahbelle0521

Asked by sarahbelle0521 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its normal - you sound like you are having nerve pain , probably due to the position of the baby .
    If it is that bad , definitely call your doctor and see what he or she recommends.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 10:18 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Sounds normal! I had my last baby on my sciatic nerve for the longest time! PAINFUL! And w/my son he streatched out on the pelvic bones for as long as I can remember being pregnant and I had to do squats on a gate because he put so much pressure on that lower area...... If it is so super bad that you are crying when you move call your Dr.! They might have you see a physical therapist that deals w/pregnant women..... I was told I could do that or wait it out...... I waited it out cuz I didn't have the extra $$ for a Physical Therapist....... Then shortly after that, she moved down-the baby that was on my sciatic nerve!
    MR777

Answer by MR777 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm almost 31 wks. and have just started having lower back pain. I went on a 2 mile walk and for the first time, the pain became unbearable. I make sure I stretch every night, use a heating pad (for a short time, which is ok) and have just brought my yoga ball to sit on at work. The yoga ball really works to help your posture and even with the baby's position. Lying around will make your pain worse, so I would suggest light stretching and a heating pad.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It is different for everyone based on what your body has been through and where the baby is. If you have a history of back pain then most likely pregnancy will make it more pronounced. If it is feeling like your back is tight, then I would be doing some stretching exercises. You can also see a chiropractor. An adjustment can sift things so the baby moves a little. They are safe while pregnant and cost a lot less then a PT.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2009