when your pregnant when can you feel your own babies heart beat?

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so but not sure...you can feel their hicups though...that's the COOLEST feeling!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I never did. I even bought one of those devices to try and listen but it didnt work. I think many women can mistake their own heartbeat with the childs because we tend to put our fingers on areas where we have arteries etc. I know when I was pregnant though there was a place where you could rent or buy the heart beat detectors that doctors use, but they were pretty pricey.

Answer by gemgem at 10:28 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• There are too many layers of skin, muscle, fat, and then the uterus and amniotic fluid itself. Its not possible.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• you def cant.. but my doctor told me if your really far along and someone listens on your stomach they may be able to hear it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I don't know, but I def. feel some sort of pulsing movement at times. It could be hiccuping or her slight movement, but when I'm lying down on my back (with pillow support of course), I can even see my stomach pulsating. I'm a slender girl, so it could be that I just feel and see more.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think it's just your own blood flow. I saw the same thing.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You cant feel their heart beat, but you can go to babies r us and get a device that lets you hear it.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 11:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You can't feel that babies heartbeat through your stomach. If you feel a pulse, it is a large artery or vein (can't remember which) that runs through your stomach.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My husband will sit his hand on my stomach and go "I feel her heart beat' so I touch my tummy where is has his and I am just like "no babe, thats my blood pumping through." My doctor laughed when my husband asked him about it. He says its not possible, to much stuff to go through.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I never did with my 4 pregnancies. I felt the hiccups, which are funny. I also had a pregnancy where the baby would "pick" at my bladder and boy, that wasn't fun!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009