Why do some mom's seem like they are rushing their babies?

Every child is different (individual) there isn't a certain time frame your child will do this or that, don't worry too much if your baby is not doing this or that at such a time. Don't freak out they will get there sooner or later. Believe me you will know if there is a problem just enjoy the time while they grow they grow so fast before you know it you wish you had those days back. Some are earlier learners and some are late bloomers. Just be patient. Experienced mom :) You will be one too soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think its something first time moms tend to do. Everything is new, and it seems like its going so slowly and their babyhood is taking forever to get to the 'good' stuff - talking, walking. Its the experienced moms who really know just how fast little ones grow. I know I was the same way with my first, and with my second, I enjoyed every minute because I knew he would be my last child.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Nice post mama.I agree w/everything you said:kids grow/do things in their own time"a watched pot never boils" and all that jazz.Enjoy looking at them everyday because if you are always Watching" for the next big milestone, you miss all the cool lil ones.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:32 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think ever mom does with the first one. They want to hurry up and talk, walk, eat. B/c it is so very exciting to see all the new things. Usually the second time around they are ready to enjoy every moment. Or at least that is how I was. LOL
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think alot of first times mom do this. They are eager to see their baby do something and miss the enjoyment of them being babies. When I was younger I was the same way. My last 2 children I had when I was 28 & 32 and I have enjoyed them being babies and children. I dont like saying "I wish they could" because I dont wish it. I wish they could stay little as long as they need to and do things on their own time. The time flies very quickly. My oldest is 19 yrs old and I wish I had been more patient and enjoyed her babyhood more.

Answer by gemgem at 10:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• On the bright side, there are some new momma's who enjoyed every single moment from birth on without rushing anything along.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Hard to say. SOme moms are worriers and freak when baby isn't "on par" with the rest and think something is wrong. Some people are not baby people and want their kids to be more self sufficient earlier. Some people are the opposite and want their babies to stay babies forever! :) Everyone is different. No need to judge them, just accept them. It's their child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• PS I'm one of the latter moms. I keep telling DD to stop growing and stay little forever! :) It's so great to see her grow and learn to do new things, too. But I do miss being able to cuddle with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I don't think I was overly stressed out about my child because I was raised around a ton of kids and was a nanny before I was a mother, but they really do send you home with a bunch of literature that basically says "this should happen at this age...tell your doctor if it doesn't". Then you can read what failure to hit milestones could be a symptom of...its enough to give people anxiety. If you haven't ever been around kids and suddenly have one of your own, I imagine it would be very difficult to take someones word for it that the baby is fine when you have all this "information" nagging at you that something could be wrong.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Some moms haven't realized it's not a competition yet.
    That's what I found with most new or still insecure moms... "My child was speaking in full sentences at 9 months and wrote her first novel at 5" type junk. Everyone wants their child to be the best, the brightest, the first, etc. But I realized early on that IF it was a contest, then where is the finish line? How do we pick a "winner"? Is it the kid who does best in Kindergarten? The one with the best GPA in high school? The one that goes to the best college? Which college is best anyway? How about the one with the highest paying job? At what age? 16, 25, 30, 45? The one that is most happy as an adult?
    Could it be possible that there are NO WINNERS? Could it be possible that the best thing is help each other, support each other, share our experiences ONLY when they may help instead of using them as a sledgehammer to prove how wonderful our own child is? What a concept.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I never posted what my son did online. I was bashed and it made others feel insecure. I was sad he crawled early and did everything early. My son did not want to be a baby and was not one for very long. I say be glad your baby cannot walk at 9 months means they will probably still let you hold them and not run away like mine did. If a child is not walking by 18 months then worry. If a child is not speaking by 2 or 2 1/2 then worry. My niece did everything much slower than the norm but she is nearly 4 and is exactly where she should be and is a very bright little girl. She just took her time.

In groups and on here I really had to just not speak about my child. It sucked but I had to be the bigger person so other moms would not feel so insecure. I may need to just get off groups because at 6 I still cannot be proud on here about my sons accomplishments. So sad.

Anonymous