Can ya'll please just tell me I can do it?

I have made a decision to leave my SO_long story_ anyways I was hoping I could just get some words of encoragement.Help me remember that i can do this,that I can be happy and a good mom and not have to rely on an abusive person to "make it all better".Ty ladies, I just needed the boost.

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 10:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• You can do it. It sounds like me a million years ago. I had two children. I got a job at Halle's, but it did not meet all of the bills, so I went back to college. My mother helped, as well as a good friend. I went to school for 2-1/2 years. I made it. It was hard. I was on Welfare for those years, but have not been since. It was very hard because, Welfare took it to fact the money you used for books, so they downed everything. My mom was on Disability Social Security for having Myasthenia Gravis. She could budget like no one. If I could do it, anyone can do it. I was in an abusive relationship, too. I was not used to taking care of myself, either.

lynnem1211

Answer by lynnem1211 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You can Do It!! Wish you well on your journey. It will be hard at times, but it wil be so much better for you and your kiddos. I hope you rember why you are doing it in those hard times. Cause there will be bad days alone to. Just keep moving forward and never look back. Good Luck!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes you can do it because you want to be around to raise your kids. You are worth much more then a man who has nothing to offer but his fist. You can do because you love your kids and want to be there for them.
    You can do it. Just have faith in GOD and in yourself and trust me you can do it.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I wish you luck. It wont be easy but your strength will increase 10fold and your children will be better off for it, as will you.
    You are worth more then you were getting and now you know it and will own it!
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 10:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Of course you can do it!!!! I am proud of you for making the decision to leave, the fact that you chose to leave him, knowing you don't need the abuse PROVES that you are a strong woman. I know you can do this. GOOD LUCK SWEETIE!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:41 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You CAN do it!! It's really hard, but the hardest part is the beginning. The initial shock of doing it on your own. After that, it gets easier. Or it did for me, anyway! Just think how wonderful it will be to come home to a house where you can be comfortable and not worry about being abused. because you will be happier, and your kids will be happier, too. Good luck!

bow down

drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:43 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes you can do it b/c you can do anything when you have your mind set. It will be tough and there will be times when you may be discouraged but keep in mind that the ends justify the means and in the end you will have happiness and peace. Good luck on your journey:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Of course you can. I did. I didnt even have my GED when I left and now I am a college grad. Its hard to do but if you have made a choice to say no more then thats great. Kids deserve a loving home free of abuse so the cycle of abuse can stop. Good for you.

Answer by gemgem at 10:50 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You will see as the days go by it will get easier and easier!! You will look back and ask yourself why did I wait soo long??? OF course YOU CAN DO IT!! You have already made the biggest step of all and that was by just leaving!! Good for YOU!! I'm proud of YOU!! I wish you the best of luck!!
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 10:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I didnt think I could do it. But I did, and realized that I was stronger than I ever thought. Im sure you can do it! I have faith in you!
    jenjobrien

Answer by jenjobrien at 11:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2009