Ear tubes for the second time?

I just found out my daughters tubes fell out. She has had them for a year. Now she has an ear infection already. I am afraid the ear problems are going to start all over again. I just don't want her to get tubes again. Can anyone tell me if their kids had this problem?

tinaaly

Asked by tinaaly at 10:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Kids' Health

• wehn my cousin was younger she had 2 sets of tubes. They helped a lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had 2 sets, on the second round I also had my tonsils taken out. Never had an ear infection after that. But I can't go underwater very easily and plane flight landings are difficult. Small eustachian tubes.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 2:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My son has had to have tubes 3 times. He is only 3 1/2. The tubes work great as long as they stay in. He has had his third pair in for 7 months now, hopefully 3rd times a charm! The doctor said his eustachian tube was not fully developed and draining properly. He also said that some childrens eustachian tubes do not fully mature until they are five years old.
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• have her ear drums busted or are they healed? try cutting out dairy products and using a garlic/willow oil in her ears (barring any perforation). If she is having these problems it could be an immune and diet issue.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My 2 year old will probably get tubes again this winter. I am all for it. They help. Why don't you want them? They help her, so try to look at the positives. Talk to your doctor.  I have 3 kids, and all have had tubes more than once.  They seem to outgrow the need around 4, at least within my family.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• go check out this book.. it will help
    No More Antibiotics: Preventing and Treating Ear and Respiratory Infections the Natural Way - by Mary Ann Ann Block

After reading it I discovered dairy was the reason for my child's ear infections. Then with my 2nd son it was nuts.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• take her to the chiropractor and be done with the tube/ear infection crap. Our daughter was adjusted 2 times and has never had another on in about 8 years.
    Anonymous