Growth Hormones in food

I know I am NOT alone in this fear. I truly believe that the reason little girls today (aside form some of their genes) look like they are 17 when they are 12 has ALOT to do with the added growth hormones in meats. I have a disease called diverticulitus and therefore cannot digest red meat among other things, so my children DO NOT eat it. Everything that takes burger we use ground turkey and actually it's better that way and better for you. I always buy the organic meats that have NO antibiotics, no growth hormones and the animal was not fed animal by products. How many other Mom's out there feel the same way I do about this.

happyathomemum

Asked by happyathomemum at 10:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm concerned about this also. We buy organic when we can and hormone/antibiotic free meat (mostly chicken or turkey.) I think more grocery stores are starting to sell more organic products as well.
    femomof3

Answer by femomof3 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It does concern me but not enough to change my childrens eating habits. We live in the country so when I can I buy meat from farmers & eggs from local farmers anyway who dont use those sort of hormones. I dont think that little girls look older then they are only because of hormones in food either. I think alot of it also has to do with the way we dress our girls, what we allow. I mean over Christmas I went to get my 4 yr old clothes and they had straight leg jeans that teens wear and I thought how inappropriate for a 4 yr old. Our clothing manufacturers push fashions on us & we go along with it.

Answer by gemgem at 10:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes...I worry about it, that and the many many other methods and ingredients of food processing that goes into most all our foods.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2009