Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what about chid support?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (10)
  • What about these beautiful creatures that you have to support

    baby boybaby girl


    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • What about it???

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • What about it? You have a child and you have to support it whether you live with the child, are involved or arent.

    Answer by gemgem at 10:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Yeah, good question. What about child support. Why is it okay for him to just stop paying support? Did you know (where I live at least) that if a nc parent goes to jail he is no longer required to pay child support? They will not let it build up until he is released. It's a big load of crap if you ask me. And, why do they send parents to jail for not paying child support, yet they say support and custody must be kept separate? Wouldn't it just be more logical to suspend visitation rights if you are not paying support? Who makes these laws?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Child support is court-ordered support paid by one spouse to the other who has custody of the children after the parents are separated. It is used to pay for things the child needs & also off set the cost of the custodial parents cost to raise the child. It can be used to help pay bills,buy clothing, etc. Medical expenses are usually seperate and split 50/50 when insurance isnt available. If insurance is available non custodial parents are encouraged to pay for it and custodials to pay for dr visit co-pays. You can open a child support claim by hiring a lawyer or visiting your local child support enforcement office. CSE charges about $25 to open a case. If you get state aid you will be mandated to open a case free of charge.

    Answer by gemgem at 10:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • I think its a load of BS!! MY ex won't pay $26/ wk for MY daughter.. LOL The child support agency told ME that I was just "spinning my wheels".. LOL.. They won't even help me get child support for MY daughter.. What a JOKE!!

    Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Honeys if you want help with that message me. I had the same problem and found a solution.

    Answer by gemgem at 11:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • I havent received my child support since 2005.

    Answer by MarGeee at 12:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • My ex didnt want anything to do with our son until i filed for child support. Then he magically felt like he had to be with him and is going for some custody now. I think he thinks he will get out of paying.

    Answer by MBsMom2004 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • What about a man has to continue to support a child that DNA says he is not the father, But since the judge says since he has provided all this time he needs to continue.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.