how can i get my 6 month old daughter to start crawling?

My daughter is very hyper & very strong and wants to move a lot when your holding her. It seems like i could just put her on the floor and she would just start crawling all over the place...But when I do have her on the floor it seems like she has the idea of it and i know she wants to do it, but she gives up and lays her head down. So I'm kinda thinking she's just gonna skip the crawling and just start walking one of this days...but I don't know about that either..because when your holding her to stand on the floor she gets to excited and kinda falls....I dunno..please help me!

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 10:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 months is still early for crawling. My son crawled at 8 months and walked at 10 months. She just has to get the courage to move. Just wait she will start crawling and you'll be upset because you can't keep up with her.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• She will do it ALL when she is ready. There is NOTHING you can do to make it happen any earlier. Trust me it will happen.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 10:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You can't make them crawl, just give her time...My oldest son never crawled, he rolled for a while then walked at 8 months.
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 10:52 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• She will when she's ready but getting in lots of floor time will help. Put her on her belly and put toys just out of her reach for motivation. If she gets frustrated let her take a break and just play for a while. I've been doing this with my almost 6 month old ds and so far he's scooting and really close to crawling.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:58 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree with all the other moms. Don't worry, she'll get there soon enough. My oldest daughter never crawled-- she would roll across the floor to whatever she wanted. She started walking at 11 months with no problems.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree as well, thats really early. Although my daughter out of the blue crawled at 7 months, never use a walker, it doesn't help them develop their strength as well, ask your pediatrician, if you do use one. It's normal to crawl between 6 and 10 months, and some babies never do, they go straight to walking or running lol.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 11:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• what you should do is take her favorite toy and put it a few feet in front of her or just out of her reach. that will give her the mtivation to get to it. if it doesnt work immediatly keep trying. my daughter started walking at 6 months but thats how she learned. i took a toy from her because it was the dogs and i put it up on the couch. she got up and walked to the couch grabbed it and walked back to where she was and sat down.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• LET HER BE A BABY SHE WILL DO IT WHEN SHE WANT TO
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 11:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree she will when she is ready...just put her on the floor every chance you get and get down there and cheer her on...babies get frustrated a lot when they first start out trying to do new things, but once she gets the hang of it she'll be everywhere and you'll be wishing she didn't know how because she will be in to everything!!
    peachkitten2

Answer by peachkitten2 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• She will do it when she's ready. Many babies at that age still don't crawl. You can't control when she crawls, just like you can't control a lot of things about her development and life. Get used to that, kids do things on their own time table and it should be their accomplishment, not yours.
    Anonymous