Please Please Help Me!

So i've been trying to get pregnant for about 7 months. I just started tracking my period in October and this is what is has been:
Started Oct. 20
Started Nov. 28
Started Jan. 2
From the 20th to the 28th that's 40 days!
From the 28th to the 2nd that's 35 days!
I just put that into an ovulation calculator to see when I could possibly ovulate and they said I may not be ovulating since my periods are so far apart. I'm going to make and appointment but what are some things that COULD be wrong with me? Anyone else ever had this problem?

jaimielea

Asked by jaimielea at 10:49 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• For one you need to be patient stop rushing things and relax you are probably worring about getting pregnant so bad you are throwing off you body by worring too much.

Just let it happen you will get there. Nothing is wrong with you. Soon you will have your baby.good luckbump

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have had this problem my whole life. Never able to track periods or even knowing when the cycle would start. I tried everything (birth control, had numerous surgeries). The long cycles make it impossible to track ovulation. We started trying to get pregnant back in Oct 2006. I went on Clomid last Feb - high dosage lead me to having a surgery. I was finally diagnosed this summer with Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome. I was sent to a Fertility Specialist and on our first IUI cycle we got pregnant and we are due on Aug 5. It is a very draining process emotionally, physically, spiritually, financially on both you and your partner but it is worth it. If you would like to talk let me know. Best of luck!

amarie380

Answer by amarie380 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've had irregular periods my entire life, usually about 35-40 days apart, same as you, but sometimes as short as 24 days and sometimes as long as 79. But I know I ovulate because I started charting my BBT a few years ago, and I've only had one anovulatory cycle in all that time. An irregular period does not mean you're not ovulating, just that it can be harder to pinpoint when it's happening. I would recommend charting (try www.fertilityfriend.com, it can teach you a lot), that's probably what a doctor will have you do anyway to know if you are ovulating, and go from there. (Do that for a few months before seeing the doctor, that way you don't feel like you're wasting time when he has to do tests to see if you're ovulating or not.)

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Don't believe that. I have very long cycles too, and I do ovulate. I've been pregnant 7 times! Take your temperature every morning and chart it on www.fertilityfriend.com. Your temps will be low before you ovulate and go up after you ovulate. Then the temp will drop when you get your period or stay up when you're pregnant. I LOVE the site. I know exactly when I'm going to expect my period (it's different every cycle). I ovulate late, but my period is always 14 days after I ovulate. Good luck. The site was a lifesaver for me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• lol I just saw DragonRiderMD's post, and I posted the same thing :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had this happen with my first child. Its like, how can I get pregnant if I don't even get my period? My doctor gave me Provera to make me have a period, and then Clomid to ovulate. I was pregnant in 2 weeks. It is always best to go to the doctor and TELL them what your goals are. They can't help you if you don't go, so, good for you! It is so much better than suffering in silence.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well They have this thing were you check to see if you are ouvlating and that will tell you an correct answer. All you have to do is go to an drug store pick up and ovulation test and take it. It will tell you if your ovulating in 2 minutes.
    Anonymous

• It took me 2 years so I understand! Has your doc tried you on Clomid? If you are atleast having periods, you are in better shape than some. Clomid would get you to ovulate at the right time in your cycle. Once you ovulate a good egg, that good egg gets your uterus ready to house a baby if the egg gets fertilized. I don't know about you, but I hate when people said to me, "It will happen when its time." Thats easy for someone without a fertility problem to say, isn't it?
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 3:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009