What are your pet peeves with other moms?

I hate when moms talk about their kids like they are chores. I heard two women talking on base today. They were acting like their kids were hemorrhoids or something! And moms that drive like idiots with their kids in the car.

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 10:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can't stand when a child does something rude and/or disrespectful and the mom just laughs it off like it's cute!
    Kathy-PSPR

Answer by Kathy-PSPR at 10:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I can't stand Mom's who think their child is better than everyone elses...Except my kids really are better than everyones!! Totally kidding!!! LOL!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• parental figures that explain any sort of hyper or typical child like behavior as adhd
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree happyathomemum! And sadly enough I think some women exaggerate about their child's abilities or milestones. A while back I remember a lady on here saying that her 3 week old could crawl. I just have a hard time believing that.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I HATE LAZY MOM WHO SAY THEY GOING TO DO SOMETHING AND NEVER DO IT. I HATE WHEN MOTHER LET THERE KIDS DO SOMETHING I WOULD NOT LET MY KIDS DO AND THEY ASK ME Y AM I SO MEAN THEY JUST KIDS.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 11:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I cannot stand the mothers that let their children run around the store like wild animals and think that it is okay for them to do so. I also don't like children being on a leash. I just feel that our parents didn't have leashes and we stayed where we were supposed to or received a firm swat on the butt.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 11:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Ditto on the reckless driving with kids in the car! Double when they endanger my kids with their driving!! Mothers who talk so hateful to their children in public (or any time), they have feelings too! I have so many!

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It bothers the heck out of me to see babies, little kids out with green snotty noses with congested coughs sneezing all over everyone - when they're at the movies or in the mall or chuckee they're not out to get medicine or food they're out for fun even though they're sick as heck snotting on everyone else. This upsets me because my son gets asthma from first getting a resp. illness - he's already been tested for allergies and everything is negative. Every cold symptom he gets next brings on wheezing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• AHHH. I HATE the kid leash!!! If you can't keep an eye on your kids don't bring them out!!! Don't be lazy about it!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:05 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I hate when other moms try and impose their views on you. I have an issue with my sons step mom for instance. My son is 9 and she has two little girls. She doesnt let him watch batman, spiderman, or anything like that bc she says it is violent. She doesnt let him play guitar hero but bought him ultimate band and said it was not age appropriate but neither is ultimate band if youre going by ratings and all. She tries to impose her thoughts and guidelines on me when I dont do that to her or her kids. I think things like that are out of the need for control etc. That is about all that drives me insane about other moms *I* deal with. Everyone else is alot like me, laid back, loving and non judgemental.

Answer by gemgem at 11:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2009