I am stuck in the middle

I met my dad at 26. My dad is remarried. My father ended up in prison. His current wife acted like she didn't know why.She called him and made him rush back to CA. Two or three days later, he was locked up. I think she set him up.My dad called me from prison and asked me to see if she quit him.She had a block on her phone and he couldn't reach her since APril.she said she didn't know why there was a blockon the phone.He receives about 4,000 dollars a month in retirement benefits, which he did not see none of the money since April. He asked her for 150 a month and she never did. He had me contact the retiement board and switch his benefits to the prison. Now all of a sudden she has been calling me at least twice a week asking me did I talk to my father. I feel like I am stuck in the middle and I hate it. Is it wrong for me not to relay the messages.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• Nope. It's not wrong of you at all. Tell her if she has any questions she can call and ask your dad, and you'd prefer if she kept you out of it. Then politely say good-bye and hang up the phone. You don't need to be in the middle of all this.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:46 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• When someone we love is incarcerated it is very hard on the whole family, but you need to forgive and do what is best for all concerned.
    joy715

Answer by joy715 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• You are being stuck in the middle.I wouldn't like it either.Just tell her to ask him, and tell him to ask her.And throw in a I love you dad every now and then.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:04 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I think your loyalty lies with your father. You should definitely not be in the middle and if you talk to her again tell her to talk to your dad. I hope you got the money situation figured out, that's not cool that she's living off his cash and she's not even giving him a small amount for his expenses.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:13 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Sorry you are being put in the middle like this :*(
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 3:44 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I'll just DITTO Desert_Diva
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:42 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• tell her she can call him as easily as you can and you are not her marriage counselor. then hang up.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:50 PM on Jul. 16, 2008