I am needing help from any divorced mom out there

My youngest daughter loves to Play the drama roll to get mom and dad fighting I need help nipping this in the bud before I go crazy!

littleladybug76

Asked by littleladybug76 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• What do you mean by drama roll? Does she try and set one parent against another? I have teens and have been divorced. The most important thing is to set rules for each home and explain it doesnt matter what they think each home has their own rules, if dad lets her do something you dont allow then that stays at dads and vice versa. Tell her you wont get involved in her drama or fall for it if it is something that isnt life changing or life threatening. Tell dad the same thing. Stick to the court order and nothing else & keep control of your home by setting clear rules and being consistent.

Answer by gemgem at 11:01 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My step daughter used to do the same thing.She knew mom and dad hated each other.She'd tell her dad lies about her mom that she knew would make them fight.Usually to keep herself from getting caught in trouble.They started talking to each other, and she stopped because it didn't work anymore.
    Maybe you should tell your daughter that she doesn't have to pick a side.That it is okay if she loves her dad and her mom at the same time.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Both you and your ex need to sit her down and explain to her that its all right for her to love you both. Then just explain to her (with as much patience as you can muster!!!) that you and your ex are trying to keep things nice and easy for her benefit and your's.
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• First I would tell her that what she is doing is unfair and that " it will stop" , have a descusion with your ex-husband so you are both on the same page, what goes at your house goes at his and vise versa, I communicate with my ex all the time, sure at times we disagree but it will soon work it self out. The same rules and semi-same routine at both homes makes a big difference. Good luck.
    Bless it be.....
    duchess_cher

Answer by duchess_cher at 5:41 PM on Jan. 9, 2009