Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get Help for A Needy Disabled Shut in?

He has NO Food! He lives in A High rise for Senoirs & the Disabled! He needs Food, Glasses , Surgery, His Broken walker Fixed Etc.. He was to Get A Salvation Army Christmas Basket for 2 Years in A row but being A Dying Shut in & unable to pick it up he got Nothing!! His New Glaases are over $700.00 & he has to pay for it in 2 payments first & its taking all of his Check. Besides enough to pay his Rent! He owns & has Nothing! He lives in Stevens Point, WI. All Agencies don't care... His Walker has been broken over 18 mos.!! He falls Alot & recovering from Cancer!

Answer Question

Asked by Angellinda at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

Level 21 (11,804 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Who is he?

    Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:08 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Is he a veteran? You could contact the VA or local American Legion. Possibly call social services, they do have caseworkers for elderly. Does he have any family you could contact? Medicaid might be able to cover some services too.

    Answer by RugersMommy06 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • That is so sad Linda. Does he live close to you?? I agree his social worker has to be contacted. There is no excuse for that, he needs all the help he can get. Sometimes the elderly get ignored when they do not have family to look after them. I worked in a nursing home for two years. I would try to get them used clothing that nobody claimed and bought them socks and slippers whenever I was able to. That's terrible how the elderly get treated.

    Answer by angelicamj at 1:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

  • Definitely call Social Services - they can at least give you some guidance or phone numbers. Is there a near by church who might minister to him.

    Answer by 1sam1224 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.