Bed time.

My son is 18 months and still sleeping in our bed. If we try and let him cry it out for a while he makes him self sick. Some nights he will go to sleep in there just fine with us in the room and other nights he wants to go into our bed. He wakes up a lot at night at least once and wants milk how do I get him out of that habbit and into his bed?

Thanks

nicole541

Asked by nicole541 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well just let him fall asleep in your bed then move him. You may also need to move a twin mattress/air mattress into his room until he feels secure in his room on his own and sleep on it. As for breaking the milk before moving him into his own room for about a week offer nothing but water after say 6pm-7pm. Tell him he is too old for milk at night because hes becoming a big boy and will also be sleeping on his own soon.

Answer by gemgem at 11:03 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I put my son into his bed and went in there if he cried for to long and told him it was ok and layed him back down. You have to stick with it. I put a night light in my sons room and that helps. He also has a radio that plays soft music. I would give my son a cup at night with just water in it. Since he doesent really like water he wouldnt drink it. About a week or so later I took the cup away and he has not needed one since. I started this about 18 months or so. He is now 2 and sleeps in a big boy bed with no cup. Good luck and dont give up you have to keep with it. Patience is the key!!

Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Sorry I don't have an answer for you my son has NEVER slept inthe Bed with Hubby & Me. I would suggest that you stay in his room w/ him until he falls asleep. If he does wake up for milk, go in & get him, take him w/ you to ge the milk then return to his room w/ him until he falls back asleep. Try & keep the lights off & speak softly to him. i know when my son wakes up for milk or water half the time he really still asleep.

~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009