• In the Spotlight:

is anyones baby on synagis

my baby is 7 weeks old and has cngenital heart fauiler the cardiologists said to start getting him vaccinated for rsv. he has fluid around his longs. he said if he gets rsv or a really bad cold it would kill him. is anyone using this for there baby. how does it work and does it bother the baby

mom-to-be21

Asked by mom-to-be21 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im sorry about your baby! good luck hun.
    Rebekahs_Mommy

Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 11:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• We had a 24 week preemie and she got a synagis injection every month during the RSV season (Nov - Apr) since she was born. (for the last 2 years) It's supposed to help keep them from getting colds or keep it from becoming life-threatening if they do get one. Our daughter showed no neg. reactions to it other than just the normal crying etc. from any shot she would get.

She was illness-free the first two years and this is the first winter she was not approved because she has been so healthy. We'll see how it goes!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My dd was born in October with a diapragmatic hernia (see my page) and doesn't have full lungs. She was two synergist shots so far, and will have them until May. She has had no side effects.
    Good luck to you and your little one.
    amygray

Answer by amygray at 1:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had my son at 33 weeks and the doctors and burses at the hospital told me about this so I went to the pediatrician. He told me all about it, since my baby was a preemie and it is around the season for rsv he said my son needs the shot until the end of the season. My baby has been getting the synagis shot once a month from september until april when the season for it is over. My baby did not have any problems when he was born except he was premature. He is doing pretty well on it so there is no problems with the shot but i don't know what it will do with your baby's condition. I am very sorry to hear about your baby I hope all goes well for the baby. The ped. doctor said after the round of shots then the baby should be fine. But if you would like you can keep in touch with me if any questions or anything. Good luck and keep your chin up.
    cutieitalian829

Answer by cutieitalian829 at 5:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• nurses* sorry typo
    cutieitalian829