Sleepin problems

So at first it was cute that Gauge would only go to sleep if he was holdin someones finger...Now its old.
How do I get him to sleep without having to be there? Hes 6 months old.

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:02 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The best way to break any habit is to go cold turkey. It usually takes 3 days to break a habit...and they will be a very long 3 days too! If he gets tired enough he'll sleep and after a few days he will have forgotten about the finger thing all together.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• maybe try to put something finger like in his hand. at first you should stand there while he holds the finger like thing then gradually get farther and frather away from him while he holds it (over a few days) most of the time babys dont know and dont care lol
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:06 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I tried a lovey and a blanket...rolled up at one end to act like a finger
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 11:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• He will outgrow it on his own. My baby used to have to rub my arm when she went to sleep and after awhile I thought she would never stop. Shes 4 now and doesnt do it and hasnt in quite awhile. Now I kinda miss it.

Answer by gemgem at 11:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2009