im 12 weeks pregnant and when can you feel your babies hiccups?

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 11:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• im 24 weeks and i dont think i have felt him hicup yet i do however feel him kick and move around really well but this is my second baby and i have been able to feel him since about 16weeks. If this is your first you may not feel much of anything till 18 to 22 weeks.
    Maybe he gets the hicups sometimes i get quick movment that happens several times in a min but i dont really know if he has the hicups or not.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:13 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm 26 weeks with my second, and I haven't felt hiccups yet (though I saw them at my 13 week ultrasound). I think with my first I started feeling hiccups right around the end of the second trimester or beginning of the third, I don't remember exactly. I just remember that it got much more frequent as it neared the end of the pregnancy (which the doctor said is completely normal, it means the baby's nervous system is developing).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It took me to get up to week 29 to feel them. Now they never stop! I'm 31 weeks now.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i JUST started feeling her hiccups around like 28 weeks. and now she does it daily at 34 1/2 weeks. lol

she likes getting them when i am trying to sleep.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I didn't feel my daughter hiccuping until the third trimester, probably somewhere around 34 weeks or so.

Want to know something really cool though?
    She's ten days old, and she gets hiccups daily. It's so awesome to see her have them out here and know that that's what I felt while she was in my tummy xD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• At 12 weeks, it is not common to feel anything yet. Most likely you have "gas bubbles" or something. But this is assuming that its your first. With 2nd and on babies, you feel things a little earlier because you know what it feels like.
    I am pregnant with my second and I didn't start feeling kicks until 16 weeks and I didn't feel hiccups until around 20 weeks, but my kids get hiccups a lot.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:59 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I first felt hiccups at 28/29 weeks (31 weeks along now), and I have only felt them one other time. Now kicking, thats a different story, I feel that tons.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was about 24 weeks when I felt it for the first time with my fourth baby. I felt her move at about 14 weeks, but that was due to the fact I was pregnant multiple times by then. A lot of what you may be feeling is your organs moving around to accomodate the baby, also your bowels moving are much more noticable.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 5:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009