Apple juice

My Pedi told me to give my 2 month old Gerber baby apple juice to help soften her poop or to give her the karo. I gave her the apple juice and so far it didnt help. Anyone ever use apple juice for this problem. Im prob just going to buythe Karo later...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• never heard of using apple juice. I used Karo with my son in his bottle with formula it does work and it only takes a tiny bit.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:15 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had to use a little karo in the bottles of two of my sons.....never used apple juice.

Prune would work better, but I don't know about in a 2 month old...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:17 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• well if your doc said to use it so it must be ok. its full of vitimans
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was told to do half juice half water. It will work eventually. If it doesnt work in a day or 2 call your Dr back and ask for more alternatives.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 11:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• ,my doc mentioned apple juice once too and he said to use warm apple juice. try the kayro though it does work two or three ounces of water with a dollop of kayro and prune juice also works
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I used white grape juice, the dr said it was easier on the stomach than apple juice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• yeah mine told me to use apple juice too. i gave it to her twice a day undiluted like he said and she pooped all over me the next day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My pedi told me to use the Karo on both of my sons. He said to use 1 tsp for every ounce of formula or breast milk...Oh and after your baby finally goes continue to do it for about three more bottles...I did this and it worked every time....But about the apple juice I was told not to give that to my son until he was 6 mths and up...
    peachkitten2

Answer by peachkitten2 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• apple juice works GREAT. I kept thinking it wasn't working a just when I was about to freak because my dd hadn't pooped in days. Well lets just say she made up for it while I was changing her diaper and all I could do was keep grabbing more wipes to try to keep up with her and to keep it from getting all over the couch! Sorry if TMI. Just wanted to let you know that it does work. If you find she is pooping too much, use half juice and half water. The Karo syrup and prune juice or prune baby food also work great.
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 11:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Apple Juice will make them run. It tends to be a diuretic, especially if given straight. Did you only give it to her once? Give her more.. It might not work instantly, but it should.. but if you're not comfortable them go with the Karo. Good Luck. =)

LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009