how do you schedule homework and playing with friends?

do you let your kids play with friends for a certain amount of time and then schedule a certain amount of time for homework??
what is the schedule?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 11:12 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It depends on the time of year here. When it gets dark early she gets time to go play with friends first. Then homework immediately following dinner. When it stays light longer she does homework as soon as she gets home, and then she can go play.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:31 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would love to know this myself! lol Right now, for my kids, they do homework before anything else. Then, we go outside and play for an hour or so, then it's dinner, baths, and bed. I'm currently out of work, though. Once I go back to work, I don't know what I'm going to do.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well my son is only 8 months but I babysit a 2nd grader. After I pick her up from school she watches What I Like About You while eating her snack. Then she does homework and then she can do whatever see wants until her mom gets home.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:14 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have found with my kids and grandkids that it works better to get the homework done right after getting home, changing clothes and a snack. Then they are free to play ect They get and used to the routine and nothing is ever "FORGOTTEN" tobe done.
    grandmomto3

Answer by grandmomto3 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• They can do NOTHING till homework is done!!! Even our Kindergartener has homework nightly. TV is scarce during the week, maybe 30 min. a day. Weekends are when they play with their friends. Once it starts to stay light out past 4 pm, we all go out for a family jog or bike ride after homework.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:20 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• when i grew up... until the 6th grade.. homework first, friends later.. after I went to high school (7th grade at my school) my mom was more open to hangin with friends first because she wanted us home before dark... But we had to get it done, if it wasn't, and we got a report card saying we had incomplete homework, then we were grounded.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:51 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• When my kids come home they are never alone. Always a few friends with them. Even when they were little. They got to have a snack and play before dinner. After dinner they got to work. They've just sat in school all those hours. It's good to give their brains a break. And video games only for an hour.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009