When did you quit work while pregnant?

I haven't been working due to school and internship, but now I am 31 weeks pregnant and just got a new part time job to make extra money. Is it possible to work up until the day before birth?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my ex-boss worked till the day before she was due to have a c-section...yes, it's possible for you to do the same. good luck with that!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• yeah it is possible. i just got a new part time job as well at 31 weeks and i plan on working until i go into labor.

:D
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have a friend that shoveld asphalt until the day she went into labor with all three. I had hard pregnancies, was sick the entire time, and couldn't sit or stand for more than ten mins at a time without throwing up, so I didn't work past 6 months with any of them. Plus all three of mine were premature.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:40 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• With my first pregnancy, I quit my job at 4 months pregnant because I was experiencing complications which caused severe vertigo, carpal tunnel, vommitting 6 times a day. I was a preschool teacher. I couldn't even drive to work, I felt so sick. It was awful. Plus, when my boss found out I was pregnant, they slowly but surely cut down my hours...from 8 to 6 to 4 then finally to 2 hours. I think they wanted me to quit too. I know that must be illegal for them to do. I don't know how they think a mother-to-be can support herself and her family with $20 a day. It was unbelievable. But, I was too sick to think of it...and I left. So, I've been a stay-at-home wife and mommy since June 15, 2007! I'm pregnant again and loving it this time... fortunately not experiencing any complications like last time.... But, I'm sick with a very bad head cold since Saturday :(
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• MY LAST DAY WAS DEC 3 2007 ON A MONDAY I HAD MY BABY GIRL THE NEXT DAY. I WORK AT A DAY CARE IN THE BABY ROOM SO I WAS ALWAYS GETTING UP AND DONW OFF THE FLOOR. MOTHER LOOK AT ME AND ALWAYS SAY IT FUNNY TO SEE ME IN THERE STILL DOING MY JOB SO GOOD LIKE I WAS NOT SO FAR.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 12:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I worked up until my due date with all my kids.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I worked right up to the day that my children were born. My best friend was IN LABOR at work and the ladies that she works with had to make her leave (bf didn't believe it was REAL labor, but it was).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• The day b/4 I had her. And my job isn't a desk job! I was still lifting the hundred pound equipment required to do my job. I wasn't light duty or anything the entire time.
    the1youluv2hate

Answer by the1youluv2hate at 12:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I worked (retail) until my water broke then had lunch then drove myself two hours to the hospital. Yep its possible.
    AligirlP

Answer by AligirlP at 12:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am do the 5th of march and I plan on working till at least the 4th (if I have not had the baby before then). Its easy for me to take off work, I work in a middle school and we have a wonderous thing called subfinder so its not big deal.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009