If your husband died today would you get remarried?

How long do you think you would wait to remarry or date?

DH and I had this conversation one day and I said that I would date but not re-marry and he said that he would for sure get married again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO, I would NOT get remarried. I do know that for sure.. I probably would date. My husband is my best friend. I don't think I could find anyone to fill his shoes.. I would be comparing everyone to him and that wouldn't be fair to anyone..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:34 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If you dont like the question then dont answer it. If negativity isnt healthy then dont start it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Its really not something you can answer until you're in that situation. Remarrying doesn't mean you didn't love your deceased spouse. I was widowed 3.5 years ago at 25. I know my dh didn't want me to spend 50+ years alone. I'm still single, not ready to date seriously, but I still want that option open.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I wish my mom would date someone she's getting close to 60 and she is so lonely,and to boot she wont let my sister who's 27 get a life,she counts on her for company and that isnt right. My mother told me one day that my sister said she wouldnt get married unless the guy would let mom live with them. Sad things is I told my sister thats not ever gonna happen no man wants their mother in law living in the home. So I guess my sister is gona stay single forever =[
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:54 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i dont think i would, maybe dating but thats it. that would be very painful and not something i could get over easily.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I don't know that would be a hard one. I am only 28 and don't want to spend my life alone, but it would most likely take a long time to start dating. And I would prob spend the first few dates comparing my deceased hubby with them. So I don't know. Hopefully I won't have to find out. At least for a extremely long time.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I doubt I would date, I don't know if I'd end up remarrying again. I really hate the whole dating scene and I'm happy by myself without being in a relationship. When I met DH, the last thing I was really looking for was a man in my life in this way. We were friends, both single parents, both helping each other out in a lot of ways, and everything just clicked and it was perfect and we got married. If I lost him, I'd be devastated. I certainly wouldn't be out looking for a new man. But if I found another good one and things seemed right, I wouldn't rule out the possibility or feel like I needed to be alone for the rest of my life because I lost him.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well, not that same day:) I think that I would b/c I love the companionship and I don't think that I would be replacing my DH just finding someone else that I could share my life with.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Its hard to say. I"m young still not even 30 yet but damn close, I know my hubby would be sad if he thought I had spend the rest of my life alone just because he died. If I found someone else and fell in love I wouldn't hesitate to get married again
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I probably would, if God sent me the man he meant for me to have. Otherwise I would not. I am a loner anyway and would probably be just fine just me and however many kids we have together.

Kids need a dad AND a mom though. We had this convo the other day and I told him if I died that I would want him to remarry, without a doubt! He said the same thing.
    muddysuzi

Answer by muddysuzi at 12:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009