• In the Spotlight:

boilermakers

dose any of your husbands work for boilermakers? if so how do you like it? my hubby is gone for like 4-6 weeks at a time without seeing us it sucks we have 2 little kids, it makes me sad b/c our 5 month old hardly knows him when he holds her she cries the whole time b/c she hasnt really been around him .... anyone elase feeling this way

klinemom2

Asked by klinemom2 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Is he in the union? My husband works for the Ironworker Union. And he loves it. But so far he hasn't had to work out of town to much. So that is great. But I would hate it if he had to like yours. Of course the way that work is slowing down, he just may have to go somewhere else soon. I will hate every min of it.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• yes hes in the union ya i go crazy lol we have 2 little kids a 2 year old and a 5 month old.. currently we only have 1 car so im left without a car so that sucks real bad..... we want to get a 2nd car but he works 7 days a weeks so we cant ... the money is very good but sometimes i dont think that its worth it you know
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I understand. When it is good, its good, and when bad, real bad! As far as money goes. Does he not live close to any jobs. Or has he just been on a long one away from home? You know if they work out of 3 dif states in the year, you can claim it on your taxes and it gets you alot more money back. I hate the car situation for ya. I know that has to be rough. Hopefully though you are around alot of friends and family that can help you out. I am so far back in the boonies, I don't know what I would do without a car. LOL, it would be very bad!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My hubby is a pipefitter/boilermaker!!! Right now Chase is still little enough we're on the road with him!! We don't like being apart so this is a better option for us. But there have been a couple where it didn't make sense for me to go, and i hated those!
    Smcclellan7080

Answer by Smcclellan7080 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009