Stay at home mom.

I am a stay at home mom with my 18 month old son and I watch a little girl who is 17 months. I think they get board during the day we play with toys, and read a lot of books the winter time is long when you can't go outside to play. Any suggestions on good activities for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could always do age approprate craft projects. I'm sure you could find great ideas online. Good luck... I miss that age SOOO much!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 11:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I like to let mine help make lunch and snacks, it is messy and annoying sometimes, but they sure love it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 11:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Are you against T.V. at all? I don't mean you should let them watch random T.V. shows, but they might enjoy Baby Einstein. If you don't want to go buy the DVDs, you could probably get them at your local library. They are educational and most kids that I know love them. You could also look into Storytimes at the library. This gets you all out of the house, and they also get to interact with other children.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Try shaving cream. All kids love playing in shaving cream. Spray on table and enjoy. It isn't to bad to clean up either. Just dry towel will do the trick. Even the cheap stuff works for this.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 12:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• We have dance time at our house. I'll put on some Baby Praise music and we'll all dance around. The kids love it and I get some exercise too!! :-) Try to look in your area for any free play places or perhaps story time at the library?
    Anonymous

• Check out the book The Toddler Busy Book
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671317741

It's full of easy to do things for kids up to age 3.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Storytimes at the Library are great. Our local shopping mall has a great playplace, too.

I got a cheap "Mommy & Me" dvd from amazon.com. It is all songs and dancing/motions. My son absolutely loves it. I like to do it right before nap time because it gets out a lot of their energy!
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I signed up my 20 month old boy for a swimming lessons at the YMCA, but you are going to need another adult with you I think.
    How about my little gym store , they have them all over the world my son is going to start on the 20th it's games songs and light activities for tots and you only need one adult to be with them, so check their website, also check your public library for story times and singing or activites that the have in the library,
    Oh one more thing try finger paint, the washable kind, or play time at the tub with water and toys and you can just bring your favorite book and sit there and watch them, bring extra towels it's gonna get ugly
    BEAT OF LUCK
    Shaima78

Answer by Shaima78 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You could always look into local playgroups... Not only will they have interesting things to do and other kids to play with but you might also get a few ideas to try at home
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jan. 7, 2009