Burris was denied entry onto the Senate Floor. Do you think he should be denied?

Roland Burris, Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's appointment to the U.S. Senate, was denied entry into the U.S. Senate because his credentials were not signed by Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they should deny everyone from that state until they figure everything out LOL. Man Chicago politics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well if he didn't sign off on it, then yes.
    Anonymous

• You have to have the SOS approval. He didn't have it.

Now, do I think that the SOS should dig in his heels? No, not really. They cleared Burris of having anything to do with the Blagoavich BS, so if he (Burris) is innocent of wrong-doing, and technically B is still the governor then I feel that they are technically required by law to have the SOS sign off on it.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Hell ya he should be denied. They should hold a special election for that seat. We in Illinois are being made a mockery of in front of the whole country.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 12:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yea, this Chicago Politics is a Joke.
    I think he is qualified. If he isn't a part of the Original "pay to play" scandel, I think he should try to legitimize his position. But I think he needs to be fully evaluated.
    I would rather they do a "special election" at this point.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes. Special election sounds like a good idea to me too, now if only they can keep ACORN out of that Chicago election process..........
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• too late AKIN acorn is already there and you know this silly woman.. *winks*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• A special election would cost millions of dollars that some jurisdictions in IL can't afford. I think this is a special case where the Lt. Governor should appoint the person for the seat. JMO.
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes, he should have been denied. They need to let someone else, like the state congress or another official appoint someone. It is a shame that Mr. Burris, although he may be qualified, may now have him name tainted due to Blago appointing him.
    He would have been smart to turn it down and wait to see what happened.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had no clue ACORN was involved with this! Are you serious? I need a little t.v. in the lunchroom to keep up with you ladies.
    Who is the silly woman involved?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009