how to stop chewing

My 3 week old has started chewing on my nipple when I try to nurse her she dosnt hurt (yet) but she gets frustrated after awhile because she is hungry and I dont think she is doing it on purpose?

Chance08

Asked by Chance08 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what i did was make sure when she latched i pushed as much of my breast as i could in her mouth that way she was not able to chew and could actually suckle better. It took a couple tries at first to get that much into her mouth, but refrain from putting your breast in when she barely opens her mouth. Get a good "O" before you go in....otherwise you'll end up like me....bruised, battered, and beaten to a pulp.
    newbieboobie

Answer by newbieboobie at 4:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Are you sure she's really hungry? Is this at the beginning or end of a feeding? maybe she just wants something to suck on. Or maybe she's not latching right...I'd consult a lactation specialist. pm me if u need more help. 3 weeks might be to young to start a paci if she's not getting a good latch.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009