Has anyone got pregnant while taking the pill?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did with my first. I took some antibiotics though and never took my medication at the same time. Worked like a charm before that :)
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• YEP & I have a wonderful lil 5yr old to prove it! lol. i've got an IUD now & its working great!
    beachmom0703

Answer by beachmom0703 at 12:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I did. Never missed a pill and wasn't on antibiotics. I'm just that .1% I guess.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• no. i didnt get pregnant on pill.

its very unlikey to get pregnant when you take the bc pill right.

unless you have unprotected sex ( without condom or anything else) when u have to take medicine that would/will harm the effect of the bc pill.

i dont know any women who got pregnant on pill. and if so, they usually didnt take it right. Even one missed pill will harm the effect of it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• .1% get pregnant when using the pill right.
    That number is WAY higher if you aren't taking it right.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• No. I was on the pill for 10 yrs. and never once got pregnant or even had a scare. Remember you have to take the pill within an hour and a half of the same time every day. If you miss one and have to double up, you have to use a condom for the rest of that month. That is the most common way people get pregnant on the pill. So when someone says they got pregnant and were on the pill, more than likely they missed a pill (or more) and were not taking it within 1.5 hrs. of the same time every day. I
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I took mine at the same exact time every single day, no other medication to interfere with it and WHAM! 7 pregnancies despite it!! I had one "on purpose" pregnancy. Lost 5 and got 3 kids from it all.....I am done!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My friend's friend took the pill faithfully...Same time every day, used other precautions when on antibiotics and is pregnant with Quads (she might have had them by now) Two sets of identical twins. So yes its very possible.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• 3 of my friends did
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my friends sister got preggers while on the pill and using a condom. what luck she had!!
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 12:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2009