An airport lost my DD clothes

Is there anything i can do to get clothes for my DD since they airport lost her clothes its been 2 days now and she is getting tired of the clothes she is wearing and my clothes don't fit her to well.. and this is the first time we traveled on the airplane to visit family. so i am wondering if anybody has been threw this before

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Travel

• I think the airline has to reimburse you for the cost of the suitcase and the items in it, if they don't find it. Call the airlines and ask them what they are planning to do. Maybe you should find a local thrift store and buy a few things to hold her over until you go home.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Did you talk to the airline responsible? Did you feel out any paperwork? If so they will compensate.

Anonymous

• you should have realized that your suitcase or bag was missing at the baggage claim. You need to go to the service desk there and tell them.

they will ask you what exactly was in the suitcase/bag and how the suitcase/bag looked like. All kinds of details they want to know.

i remember that 2 of my HUGE suitcases got accidently put on a different flight. the airport/airline found them though and they had some kind of special delivery service who brought them home to me. the guys at the service desk asked me if i want to pick it up or if they should deliver it. i choosed the easy way ;)

good luck!! stay in contact with the airline, so they wont forget about it.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• btw... if u didnt talk to the airline at the package claim before the check-out, you will probably never see your stuff again.

As soon as you leave the airport (enter the check-in) its gonna get hard to get your stuff back :(
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would think if they haven't found it by now they should reimburse you. Call them and if they seem to want to do nothing, ask for the manager of the dept and have a tantrum on them they will reimburse or look a bit harder. They go through this every day so sometimes they just need a fire lit under them. explain it is your daughters and you are going to be here for awhile and if they can't find it you will need some $ to buy her some more clothes b/c two days w/o clothes is just rediculous. They will come up with something for you.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Go back to the airport and tell them they need to pay for the clothing they lost. Bring any proof you have what might have been in the suitcases. Tickets etc...
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Several times they have lost our stuff, but usually within a day they have it back to us. A week was the longest we've had to wait. We did report it as soon as it happened. We always split up our stuff- both his and my stuff in each bag, and we have at least a change of underwear and needed suppies in the carry on. My husband has been on trips when they lost his bag, and he went to a wal-mart and bought cheap underwear and a shirt.

Answer by Bmat at 1:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009