Is there hope for finding a GENUINE friend?

Why is it so hard to find a friend that's like yourself and really easy to be around and who isn't flaky!?

pinkclover

Asked by pinkclover at 12:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have asked the same question many times. Wonder if there is anyone out there that is friendly and not judgmental. I don't want to think I have to entertain all the time. I would like to fine someone to hang out with without worrying how my house looks and if I am put together ok. I am sick of people with agendas. Most of the time it seems I do better by myself in my own space. ; (
    L4NOW

Answer by L4NOW at 11:34 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Awww C'mon! What am I? Chopped liver??? lol
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes there is hope. :)
    Meet someone with similar interests and philosophies by participating in volunteer work, or by taking classes, or joining a community service or church group. These give you a connection right away, and they make it easier to find other connections that you have. I met my best friend in college -taking similar classes.

Answer by Bmat at 12:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It is hard to find a good friend. Sometimes we need to look closer to home, like your sister, brother, mother and other family members.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• There is always hope.
    PurpleDawn

Answer by PurpleDawn at 12:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• yea there is hope. I know sometimes it can def. be hard though. I used to have a ton of friends but they were not real ones. It takes time. I joined a playgroup and I LOVE to be around them we have so much in common and so many things to talk about. Good luck. Keep your head up!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• There's always hope.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've often thought that my inability to make and maintain true, long-time friendships, especially with other women was the result of my childhood. My father is a pastor, so I never observed my mother maintaining close female friendships due to the confidentiality of my dad's position. But I recently heard something to the effect that the first 20 years of your life, you can blame on your upbringing, but when you hit 40, you've put in 20 years of your own, so it's your fault now. I never have had a particularly close friends, all my life. It's lonely. And something I'm working to change in myself.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009