Can a 9 month old have jello?

i was just wondering if it was ok to let my 9 month old try jello....

Asked by ILOVEMYKIDS2628 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm sure they can, but it is sugar and artificial color and flavor. If the little one is already getting apple juice, you can make a nutritious jello and avoid the extra sugar, color and flavoring. Follow the directions on a box of unflavored gelatin. It will also be less expensive.

Answer by Bmat at 12:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Just get the sugar free kind and just a little bit.

• I did. I gave her the same kind (with sugar) as I gave my older kids. It was just hard for her to get into her mouth. lol

Answer by vbongard at 12:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yea why not?

Answer by amber1216 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I gave my daughter bites FAR earlier than that. I agree that you don't want to go overboard with it with the sugars, but my doctor actually recommended sugar free jello when my daughter was about that age to help keep her from getting dehydrated while she was sick and not wanting to drink.

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes they can! In fact if she is teething the coldness of it really helps! Avoid the red kind though, A study says that the red dye can make your child hyper. My daughter liked the lime kind!

Answer by Madilynsmommy27 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm with the first response. You can make really good jello without the extras and things you can't pronounce.

My first one didn't have anything sweet until we met my husband. (she was almost two.) My second has been sneaking bites of everything imaginable since about ten months. She would just pop her little mouth open like a bird and point, and someone would give in. LOL>
    Fortuanately we don't keep too many sweets. . .

Answer by lovinangels at 3:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I gave my son jello jiggelers at 9 months. The recipe in on the side of the box.

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009