Altera!

Anyone have any experience with this? I just did an hour long interview and they said I was hired for a WAH job...all sounds to good to be true. They want my account info so they can give me money to purchase office supplies from a place of their choice. I don't see any reports of this being a scam except one! and he didn't ever say why? I need help!

britni11

Asked by britni11 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• This feels like a scam. If I were you, I'd start a bank account with a bank that was different than my own. Then call them and tell them that you started a bank account just for your pay checks and such for them and act all excited, then give them that account #. This way if it is an honest job (which I doubt, but I've been wrong before) then you aren't acting as if you dont' trust them. If it is a scam (which I bet it is) then they won't bother, they'll know you are on to them and just give up. You can start a bank account online for like $20.00. You can start it tonight and take the money out tomorrow before you give them any information. Do it through Bank of America, you can sign up online and that way you won't be responsible for any charges if they try to take money that isn't there. However if they send you thousands of dollars "by mistake" then tell you to "just send it back to them" - scam!!!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 5:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I don't have experience with that....but I'm always cautious about giving out 'private' information. Maybe call the BBB to check them out....

Sinc you are interested in working from home I'd be happy to share information about my home business with you. Please check out my website: http://www.motivatedmomz.com

Sandy
    sandymcu

Answer by sandymcu at 12:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would never ever give out my bank information. Tell them to send you a check.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Do not give them your checking account information. Have them reimburse you with a check after you have purchased your supplies. I don't know anything about the company, but you should never give out that kind of information unless you know for a fact that it is secure.
    Taviesmommy

Answer by Taviesmommy at 1:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Never heard of them, tell them to send a check or set up a paypal.
    Saved_by_GOD

Answer by Saved_by_GOD at 1:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Um have you made out your W-4 yet? Or any of the paper work you would normally fill out if you were hired for a position? How did you hear about this job? Was it through a reliable work at home company or craigs list?
    I've heard of Altera, if I remember right they had low 4th quarter earnings, but I have no idea if they hire people to work at home
    I use companies which pay me through direct deposit, but there as always been a long hiring process with much paperwork.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• no, she wants me to give the account number first so they can deposit 220 in my account and I can by all the software for the job. She said she'll talk to me again tomorrow. Someone contacted me and said they wanted me to have an interview...which is normal because my resume' is on various job sites. I just got call today for an interview on Thursday for a different company. She said they only pay through direct deposit through Wells fargo. I called the bank and they don't know of any scam I also tried BBB and I tried calling Altera directly and ask if they were hiring for at home positions and no luck on any information.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Call your bank and tell them the $$$$ in your account is going to vanish very quickly and explain what's going on. Let them handle it from there. Contact me to talk about this further. There just isn't enough room here to explain everything.
    Works4Mom.com