How can i get my 6 month of daughter to stop pulling hair and biting?!?!

She loves to do that but i want her to stop. please help!

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I constantly tell my 6 month old, "Gently, please!" She pulls my hair, bites, slaps, etc. I know at this age it is not on purpose, they are just learning to control their limbs. I think firmly telling her no, and especially biting her back, would be inappropirate at this age because they are not capable of making those connections.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 1:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My 2yo used to do that. I would firmly grab her hand and say no. that hurts mommy. She only bit me once and I gently grabed her face and firmly told her no, that hurts mommy. She tried it one more time, and I pouted as if I was going to cry and said that she hurt mommy. She gave me a hug and said she was sorry. she has not done either of them again.

However my boys were different. My oldest was so subborn I actually had to bite him back. gently of course with just enough pressure for him to realize that it did not feel good, and he quit
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 12:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I didn't think about that!! that will defiantly help me out! THANKS!!
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• She will grow out of it but dont give her alot of reaction when she does it.
    Saved_by_GOD

Answer by Saved_by_GOD at 1:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009