Anybody else fed up with their kids today?

My daughter is working my every nerve and I am in no mood today. I have been trying to get the house put together for when the baby comes and she has single handedly destroyed every room I am not working in. For literally the last hour and a half I have been making her pick up her own things in the living room. I have probably said "Blythe, pick up" AT LEAST 40 times. Not exaggerating. "Pick this up" "Pick that up". All she has to do is put it in her toy box. No organizing, no sorting, just pick it up and put it in the box. It would have taken me less than 5 mins to do, but my father has always told me that kids turn out rotten because parents do things the easy way instead of taking the time to be a parent and teach them responsibility.

Still...this child is about to get got. I seriously needed to put some distance between me and my daughter for a minute to vent. Anybody else ready to snap?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Send her my way - I could use a little one around once in a while! lol
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have had those days luckily mine are at school right now.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• lol...right now I would send her overnight express! lol. I quit smoking probably 5 years ago and I have never wanted a cigarette so bad in my life. I'm sure being enormous and pregnant doesn't help my mood, but god help me, its only noon! lol...I had to call my sister to distract myself. Its been a LONG while since I've been this aggravated.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well, I'm not pregnant (but we won't discuss the enormous part LOL) and I'm currently looking for a toddler boarding school....the further away the better.

Just keep reminding yourself....."tax deduction, tax deduction, tax deduction...."
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 12:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Hey! good point! lol...saving mommy money!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I just scrolled down and saw a question called "should I have more"...I'm assuming kids...lol. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well, my 3 year old is sick with a nasty head cold...so he gets a SMALL reprieve. (not I emphasized "small" lol) He just doesn't want to do anything, see anything, be anything, etc....but then 5 minutes later he's wrestling with his older brother, so....grr He has also decided that the answer to any question asked is "broccoli". Don't ask, I don't have a freakin' clue!! LOL

My 4 year old has decided he can't go to preschool any longer...and when I ask why he says "because". Um...not a good reason, you're going (mommy needs her nap) He's been telling me he's bored a LOT lately...I can only hope it doesn't get worse until the year is out...and that kindergarten is better for him.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My 2 year old is a bully who is giving as good as he gets where his brothers are involved (all three are boys) He's also decided that cooperating with his speech therapist isn't an option. GRRR...luckily, his ST has a great sense of humor! LOL

(sorry....stupid character limitation made me split my post...)
    TiccledBlue

• my 3 year old is doing the same thing. im cleaning because my dh is comming home tonight from a work trip and would like him to come home to a clean house. i cleaned the living room and i turn around and there are toys i clean my room turn around toys..i get ready to vaccum ..toys. my son is also trying to push buttons. i know its the age but still wish i could get someone to take him for an hour but everyone works. and i have to leave soon to drive 40 mins to get dh's check. and also stop at a store to get whats needed before the snow/ice comes tonight. so much to do lil time and no help. lol. so i hear you hun. xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• ugh my 2 year old has been on a high horse for 2 days!!! my husband was off all last week for christmas/new years vacation..and my son was an angel well hubs went back to work yesterday and my son decides to only way to communicate with mommy is to throw things and scream in my face!!! he's usually not like this at all...disagreeable yes...but never blanantly disrespectful towards me..i'm also big as a house with another baby!!! you ever sit and thing WTF was i thinking having another one?
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009