Has you gas prices gone up?

I live in central virginia and in one day our gas went from $1.49 to $1.79. maybe i missed something but i know that i'll be filling up jugs before they hit $3 again.

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 12:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course. They are gonna keep going up. Did anyone really think they were gonna stay down?
    Anonymous

• Yes. It is going to keep going up too. This happens every time a new president takes office...a fall and then a rise
    Anonymous

• Actually, ours went down 10 cents this week. From $1.39 to $1.29.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I figured this would happen. The last couple days I've heard on the news that the cost of oil has gone up per barrel again, so this is what is going on.

Answer by Bmat at 12:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It went up 10 cents on Friday from $1.45 and $1.55. The kids have been sick so I haven't went anywhere since Saturday.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• The price decrease for gas was temporary. With the fighting going on in Gaza, there is going to a significant increase soon. The lower prices were a relief while they lasted. We are up to $1.79 a gallon for regular in Florida.

Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 1:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• no
    Saved_by_GOD

Answer by Saved_by_GOD at 1:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Ours have dropped to $1.61, the lowest they have been in ages.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes. OPEC agreed to limit production about a month ago to combat deflation. That is why the cost is going up. It will fluctuate for the rest of its existence in my opinion.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• musikdoll is wish i lived near you... ours is 1.85 last I looked.. I don't think it's gone down or up.. but I haven't really looked I think that's the lowest we have had it so far.. western ny
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009