Have you ever "cyber stalked" someone on Cafemom?

I ask this question because of the anonymous posting question responses. Ladies said the reason why they post anonymously is to prevent from being stalked or getting hate mail. I don't believe I've been cyber stalked and I haven't received any crazy messages, so I don't think this really happens... Have you ever "cyber stalked" another mom? Why? Feel free to post anonymously...

prettylob1

Asked by prettylob1 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, but I've heard of it on Cafemom and warned a friend that I introduced to the site to post and answer posts wisely because there are loons everywhere and this site is no exception. I've been on the site going on a year now and never answered anon., nor have I been stalked.  I have gotten messages here and there from posters that I don't know about my response, but nothing rude, cruel, or disrespectful rather they were really nice, intelligently written and something I didn't mind getting.  :-)

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Ummm...no...but I'm going to now!!! I'm headed to your page right now!!! LOL!!! Just kidding!
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 12:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have been cyber stalked. This crazy girl on myspace took my pictures and made a fake page of me on more than one occassion. She added my friends and looked up old people.
    Anonymous

• i have never been cyber stalked. and No i do not cyber stalk.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 12:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I haven't really had a problem. In the 1 1/2 yrs I have been a member I have received one email from a mother who disagreed with a comment I made. I would not have had a problem with it but she was totally out of control and rude. So I blocked her. I haven't had any problems since.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've had someone PM me a couple of times over one answer of mine that she didn't like. She wouldn't stop after I had asked her twice. I ended up blocking her. However, the positive PM's have far out weighed the negative.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Ah no. That is mean and crazy. I hate people have to be afraid of that.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Nope..but I have been sent rude messages for being the voice of dissent in certain topics. I also dared to post a journal about how cashcrate won't make you an overnight millionaire and my experience with it..I received a lot of rude messages so I had to cancel my old account and start a new one.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• No and if they did they would be sorry. Just block them out and forget them. You can always put them on your block or spam list.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 1:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've been cyberstalked. Nothing dangerous, really. I just had a mom that disagreed with me on a particular issue and she started "following me aorund" and everytime I replied to a post about that subject she started bad mouthing me and telling others that I was creepy and sick. But I contacted Cafemom after like the fourth time she did that and she was warned, I guess because she stopped.
    Now, this is really just someone being childish and stupid, nothing to worry about so I don't really post anonymously. Besides, I live in Mexico and I doubt someone will hate me that much to drop everything and come to a city with 50 million people just to get even with me. But I can understand that some women do take some things seriously and they like to protect their privacy.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009