Who here?

who here was completely under for the c-section. I always see these posts on here where everyone is awake during their c-section, but I was knocked out cold. I had an emergency c-section the only thing i remember is them running me down the hall into the room, strapping my arms down, prepping my belly, and sticking a tube down my throat. So how about you ladies where you knocked out like me or where you awake.

saysha100687

Asked by saysha100687 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• awake with spinal block but drugged up on morpheine
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• All 4 of mine were planned so I was awake for all of them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was in labor, contractions were on top of each other, I was only dilated to 3, my pressure was 180/120 and I hemorrhaged. The last thing I remember was waking up and my husband telling me it was a boy. I didn't even get to see him until the next day. I was 5 1/2 weeks early. The baby was perfect. 5 lbs exactly, 19 1/2 inches long and bright red. My husband said it was because I had such bad gas all week. LOL Now he's 17, 6'5" and still growing.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was awake for both of mine. My first one was unplanned. (I was induced and wouldn't progress past 2 cm.) My second one was planned.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My second and third I was awake for.
    Chrissy629

• I was awake for both of them. The first one was an emergency. The dr. started the surgery before everyone was in the room.
    PurpleDawn

Answer by PurpleDawn at 12:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• first i was awake, i had a spinal block. second, i was asleep, but not completely under, i was in twilight sleep. the epi they gave me didn't work so they had too. i wasn't too happy. i didn't get to see my dd until about 7 hours later. dh said they woke me up after they pulled her out, so i could see her, and i kind of remember looking over and seeing double. i remember closing one eye so i could see better, but i don't remember saying anything. dh said i said "there's my baby girl"...but other than that all i remember is laying on there and then waking up later in the recovery room. dh said they had a hard time waking me up after they took her out, so i could see her, so he to wake me up he said "it's a boy". he said my eyes shot open and i looked at him like i was gonna kill him. lol. i had already bought girl stuff so that could be why i did that. lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my son was 3 pounds and 16 inches long, born 8 weeks premie. I also didnt get to see him till the next day. It was such an emotional experiance.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Wow, I too, had an emergeny one the 1st time, but they asked me... I was awake for both!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• kinda both i was sooooooo groggy i was barley awake then the second my son came out and they let me see him and told me he was okay i passed out its was like wow okay its all good now hes here hes healthy i can sleep now
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 1:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009