The "Shot"

After I had my second daughter I lost all the baby weight almost immediatly (in a month) After the first month pp I started on the shot. The weight came back, I gained about 20 pounds. I dieted and exercised lost about 5 pounds and then nothing. I went to my ob-gyn and told her I wanted off the shot because of my weight issues and she told me that I probably needed to excerise more and eat less, I wanted to slap her.

Has anyone else had problems losing weight while on the shot?

Mimbles

Asked by Mimbles at 12:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Weight gain is a very common side effect from the shot. I'd go for another form of birth control too, and a new doc.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• the shot can slow down your thyroid. have you tries a thyroid support? selenium?
    Anonymous

• No, I didnt know that. I'll have to try that, Thanks!
    Mimbles

Answer by Mimbles at 3:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have been told by my doctor to carefully monitor what I eat while on the shot. I didn't gain any weight the first time I was on it, just had a harder time losing weight. Your doctor might have been right, bitchy, but right. Keep track of what you are eating and see if there is something there. If not, check with your doctor and see if it is your thyroid.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• that is one of the cheif complaints for that form of bc so I would switch if I was you unless you don't mind you can't get the weight off again but it will be really hard on the shot
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 3:52 PM on Jan. 8, 2009