Does anyone feel this way.

Does anyone feel that they get all the bad things that come with pregnancy and dont get the nice things? Let me explain...Some womens faces are nice and clear but others are broke-out. Some women get really pretty shiny healthy looking hair while others hair is limp and greasy looking. Some have a great sex drives while others lack in the department since they became pregnant. Some get nice bigger boobs but some only grow a bit (I was barely a B to begin with) I feel this way...like I didnt get any of the good things.

vickwu

Asked by vickwu at 12:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would definetely like the bigger boobs but unfortunatly, I didn't get them with my last pregnancy or this one! I have no sex drive and lack luster hair but my skin is still nice and clear!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• celebritytreadmillWe all function differently I know what you mean like you got jipped or something. Just pray for a smooth pregnancy and make the best of it for you and your baby and just bounce back to fitness when you are not pregnant. That is where it counts. You will look so cute regardless of all that good stuff you might be missing out. Just pray that all goes well GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i feel this way at times. but i try to make the best of it. even though i don't feel like all the gorgeous pregnant girls out there, i still do make-up and try to do the best with my hair, and people tell me i look great. even though i don't feel like it, i trust their word and somehow i have started to believe it too. but there are those days when i just feel like "wow how can people stand to look at me? i look discusting!" i've come to realize it's all normal! i'm sure you look wonderful! =]
    ashley8692

Answer by ashley8692 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Thanks...I quess I am just having a down day. Some of my friends are pregnant and I look at them going "Wow, you look great" Then I look in the mirror and I am like "Wow, you dont look great" It just seems like everything that happened to me, went the other way. I am very happy that my baby appears to be healthy and I have 8 more weeks roughly to go. But damnit...I dont want this limp hair, or these pimples. I want to believe it when people say you have that pregnancy glow about you and not think to myself...my face is just greasy (I do shower daily...sometimes twice a day)
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was midline. I had normal mild acne while pregnant, i always wore ponytails so I had the same hair, and I never had good sex drive. I was the same as preg and not
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm lucky, I seem to have gotten all the good things (except bigger boobs, I don't see those anywhere), but everyone comments on how 'healthy' I look (which I'm aware could refer to my weight and nothing else). But, you never know what's going to happen. I'm only 31 wks. and still have some time to go. God knows, I could start breaking out or get that "pregnancy mask' thing that women get. So far no stretch marks, but I know they come on later in the pregnancy. I'm crossing my fingers...
    Anonymous

• For the record, when I started gaining my pregnancy weight, I felt horrible, ugly, fat, bloated, you name it. Others around me thought I looked great, tho. You're probably not seeing what others see when they look at you.
    Anonymous

• Ditto to all the comments above. I understand where you're coming from. I got some of the good and some of the not-so-good things with pregnancy. Recently, a friend from Church told me, "You are such a beautiful pregnant woman!" I look at pictures of myself taken during other pregnancies and think, I'm the ugliest pregnant woman ever! The only "glow" I see is the flare-ups of the peri-oral dermatitis I was gifted with after the birth of my first child! LOL

We rarely see ourselves as others see us. Just take the very best care of yourself that you can and remind yourself that this too shall pass! :)
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 11:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009