My daughter grinds her teeth in her sleep? I've taken her to the dentist but they say there's nothing they can do right now, until all her permanent teeth gro in. I find this hard to believe. Some nights it's so bad it wakes me up. Any ideas???

Slpingbuty

Asked by Slpingbuty at 1:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Health

• How old is she? I know when my husband was a child his dentist gave him a mouth gaurd. you can buy them in a drug store but is best to have her fit by a dentist. Try and call another dentist and see if they will give you a second opinion. Does she go to a pediatric dentist? Hope this helps.
    mommyof20507

Answer by mommyof20507 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My son is four and also grinds his teeth at night occasionally. His dentist also said they won't do anything about unless he is still doing it when his permanent teeth come in. Is it causing her any other problems like headaches or jaw pain?
    RaiRai

Answer by RaiRai at 4:48 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I do this as well and my dentist recommended getting a moldable mouthguard that they sell at sports equipment stores.. You heat it and make a bite impression in it so that it is catered to your mouth.. (this was his suggestion in lieu of him making me one so that I would save a bunch of money).. GOOD LUCK!
    MommytoGRP

Answer by MommytoGRP at 5:05 PM on Jul. 16, 2008