Poor circulation- very cold hands, feet. Raynauds.

I have very poor circulation. My doctor and I think I have Raynaud's Syndrome, since my hands also tingle and go numb during particularly cold days during the winter. There isn't a blood test for it. I think it is a fairly mild case, but it is a little annoying.

I am thinking of going on a very low dose of aspirin to see if that helps, especially during the winter and the hottest part of the Summer, when I tend to get my tingle-fests. My doctor doesn't know a lot the syndrome, but my blood work in general is okay except for a little anemia so he's okay with it.

Has anyone tried this? I'm wondering if it worked for you. My Mom died of a blood clot, so I'm also thinking it can't hurt to thin the blood a tad if this runs in the family. She also had cold hands and feet, and was supposed to be on Cumidin when she passed, but she had stopped taking it...

Trixiebelle2

Asked by Trixiebelle2 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

• Have you seen a Rheumatologist, this would be the most qualified person. They would know what to look for, what other illnesses overlap etc...

If your doctor knows very little about Reynauds, I recommend seeing a specialist who can help better advise you with a treatment plan.

I hope that helps.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 1:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am not too familiar with this, but I would say a prayer for you anyway.

It could be anything it sounds close to diabeties, Do you do anytype of exercise if you move around you are able to avoid alot of health problems.

When taking medication never stop unless the doctor says so if it makes you worse tell the doctor so he may prescribe something else that will work for you.good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• have you seen a chiropractor? My mom was having the same prob, she ahd been to her md, who sent her to a phys therapist to do excercises that didn't help. So my hubby, a chiropractor, checked her out and he neck was way out of wack, after the 1st adjustment her hands didn't bother her for over a week and then after a few more adjustments she has had no more problems. now she gets adjusted every couple of months just to keep in check. If you have a vertebrae misaligned it cuts of the blood flow and also pinches the nerves, which in colder weather would make it worse b/c the cold weather will slow your blood flow even more. It can also be the same in your feet, believe it or not your ankles, knees, pelvis or tailbone can be misaligned which is going to cut off your circulation also. I would try a chiro and see before you see a rheumatologist. you don't want your blood thinned even more if it's not flowing how it should.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 2:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2009