What are the Must-See places in Branson?

My family may go to Branson for vacation this year. We have two daughters who will be 9 and 7. What are some great places to go to there? We have looked online at Silver Dollar City, Whitewater, Celebration City, and Ride the Ducks. We are also thinking about camping at The Wilderness.

soccermom0002

Asked by soccermom0002 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Travel

• I was going to suggest everything you mentioned about. Those are all I know of. My parents like to go to the Big Cedar Lodge... but I haven't been there. They say it is beautiful!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• All that mentioned is great. Celebration is closed forever though. Unfortunately :(. They had a fantastic light show every night. I bummed. White water, silver dollar city, and ride the ducks is a blast. Big Cedar Lodge (mentioned above) is beautiful. There is an indoor water park that is a blast. The outlets are fantastic!!!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 1:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I answered on your other post but thought I'd add a couple of things.
    -The Fish Hatchery (free) - Learn about the life cycle of a trout and then walk out into the hatchery and feed the fish. Not just a few. Thousands of trout that are raised and then released into the Missouri rivers and lakes.
    -Butterfly Palace - Indoor butterfly house. See hundreds of exotic butterflies big and small. They also have mirror maze. We went through that maze at least three times. I think we had more fun in there than we did at any other point on our trip. The butterflies are just beautiful.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009