Branson vs Hershey PA

Have you been to either or both places? Would you recommend one vacation destination over the other? I'm looking for a fun family destination.

soccermom0002

Asked by soccermom0002 at 1:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Travel

• I live in Missouri, so, ya I have been to Branson. It's got alot of fun family things to do, but mostly in the summer. I wouldn't recommend going now. Although, it is pretty at Christmas time. I have never been to Hershey, so I couldn't answer that. Do some research online... although it sounds like there might be a big difference in the two.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Never been to either, but Hershey sounds yummy :)
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've only been to Hershey. It is quite a family place, lots of stuff for children, shows that will entertain adults. My neighbors go to Branson all the time. It sounds as though it is more adult-oriented. But I agree to go the websites of each and see what you think.

Answer by Bmat at 1:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I only live an hour from Branson and we go there frequently. It is a great place to visit and there is a lot to do but mostly in the summer. I have never been to Hershey. I would do a lot of research online. You can find all the different attractions and it'll help make your decision. There is an indoor waterpark that is at a hotel in branson. It is open 365 days a year. It's a lot of fun. Good Luck!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 1:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Branson is a kid friendly place. We have been there several times in the last 7 years. Most things don't open up until early April. We've never been to Hershey.
    1. Silver Dollar City - Amusement park with a very old time theme. There are lots of small shows, rides and technique displays. My kids love watching the glass blower. All day fun.
    2. Celebration City - Amusement park that is centered solely on the rides.
    3. White Water - Outdoor water park
    4. Food - Branson has great food selection. I live very near KC and I'll tell you the best BBQ I've ever had is at a place in Branson called Odee's. Yummy! Stay away from the breakfast buffets though. Those are terrible. There are however great dinner buffets.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• cont'd
    5. Dinner Shows - Lots to choose from. I recommend the Magnificent Seven at the White House Theater. They have a Music Through the Years variety show. My kids absolutely loved this show and keep begging to go back just to see it again. (Ages 10 & 5 at the time).
    6. Shopping - There are two outlet malls for a large variety of shopping. I like the Branson Landing. It's a newer outdoor shopping area down by the river/lake. There's a Build a Bear Shop for the kids and a similar setup only it's like a Build a Car Shop for boys and dads. Lots of eating establishments and at night there is a fountain and fire show that's pretty neat.
    sillyt

• I've been to both and for a family I would reccomend Hersey, Branson is like Las Vegas for old people,I just don't enjoy it there.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 3:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I use to live on the lake in Kimberling City, Mo. I live about an hour and a half from branson, my first thoughts were go to hershey. My reason mainly is that I have never been and always wanted to go! LOL! With branson so close it gets old so fast. Have a fun trip!
    Alwaysacarnie

Answer by Alwaysacarnie at 10:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i have been to branson, and a lot of people dont know about silver dollar city... look at that.. its practically down the street from branson... its a lot of fun... i however would love to go to hershey Pa,, but im trying to cut the chocolate LOL
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:36 AM on Jan. 14, 2009

• I'm biased since I'm from Pennsylvania. I say Hershey. Free Chocolate tour, Indian Echo Caves, Hershey Park of course. Your close to Harrisburg and it''s musuems and City Island Park. And drive down the main street in Hershey to see the kiss shaped streetlights. And Hotel Hershey is to die for. And Lancaster has some wonderful outlets.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:33 AM on Jan. 22, 2009