I Want Out!! Help me

I have been with this man for 9yrs weve had our up and downs. But I want OUT! the reason why is that we are two different ppls. Hes hurt me in the past by lying, cheating and just not giving me QT. And the problems is that he act like hes did nothing wrong this past year. Im tired of tell him how I feel and hes not listening. I just want out!!! But why am I feeling so bad. I dont want to hurt him, but he keeps hurting me. I dont want to be the bad person I just want to be alone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Even when you are the one who wants to end it....it still can hurt. Have you thought of going and talking to someone. Men act like things are fine when they are not because alot of times they just do not want to fight. You sound like you are at the end of your rope...did he not also hear that. I feel bad for you but you need to be happy. Listen to what your instincts tell you and if you do have children I would seek legal help.

Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• See a lawyer if you are married and feel this way.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 1:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You are just fed up with him and too used to him. Same old same old thing day by day.

The reason you feel bad is because you said it he acts like nothing and you do you are two different people...Maybe you are too nice and can't let it go you want things to work out but he is not willing...Talk to him I mean get his attention and talk if he does not listen then give him a choice tell him you are not happy like this ( If you still love him that is) You do not want to be alone believe it is lonely and boring and sad, Find you someone who will appreciate you for who you r.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• dont warry about him, he dosnt you just leve him you be allright and tell him to take a hike!
    Anonymous

• Make your plans to leave and just sit him down and tell him that this relationship has run it's course and it's no longer working and that you are leaving. It keeps it simple and to the point without blaming anyone for anything.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree with DANNEE on this.

Answer by louise2 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Start preparing now for being on your own. Make sure you have money in your own bank account. Find a place to live (or usher him out of the door). Make sure you have job skills and a job. If you are married, check with a lawyer about the best way to handle it. Try for a separation- maybe three months or so. Give yourself time to get over the change in your life and any regrets and tears, and then stand up like the strong woman that you are and move on. Couples counseling might help, but changing a person is really hard if not impossible, and after all of this time, it seems doubtful.

Answer by Bmat at 1:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I agree with Bmat- you need to be practical by making sure you take the steps necessary to be able to make it on your own. I am sorry about your situation, it is never easy to end a relationship.
    jaycee66

Answer by jaycee66 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If you are married seek legal counsel and then start making your plans. If you are not married, then start thinking of your next steps-- is there someone you can stay with temporarily, can you afford your own place, do you have a job, do you have your own money/bank account, what property or stuff will you take with, what will you leave. Are there children/visitation to consider. Once you have everything in place then I would sit him down and tell him that you are not happy, and you are leaving. I hope all works out for you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• have you tried marriage counceling? If he's not willing to go halfway and fix whatever may be the problem, then I would start making a plan of how to make it on your own. Good Luck! I know you get so attached to someone that you don't know how to do it on your own and will you ever be happy, the answer is yes!!!!
    jstone345

Answer by jstone345 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009