How do you deal with these Questions??

I am 6 1/2 months pregnant and the other day a few women on my bowling league were talking about how big I was getting. On of them even said..Can you imagine 3 more months? I didn't know how to react, yeah my belly is getting bigger...but I do have a tendency to have bigger babies, and I have been eating right, so I can't do anything about it.
Does anyone have any ways that they use to fend off these comments? I know that they didn't mean anything hurtful, or malicious, but it still hurt my feelings. How do you/would you react?

NewMommyin06

Asked by NewMommyin06 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if it hurt my feelings i would *gasp* and they would get the point..lol
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would have said yea i know im pretty big.... and can you imagain how big ur butts gonna be in 3 more months!! im mean like that but honastly just blow it off your pregnant dont worry about mean women like that!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would stay away from them, or tell them that they are hurting your feelings. People like that are either joking and don't know it bothers you, or not your friend. I am sorry that they are trying to take your joy away.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i would say something cocky like
    "Ha! Thats so funny you mention that because I was just thinking the same thing about your belly and what makes it FUNNY, is that you aren't even pregnant!"

ha.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would say at least you know that baby is so healthy that they are getting big & healthy in your belly. & bigger is better than smaller right?? what a**holes....
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't let it bother me, I would just look at the person and say, of course I am going to get bigger, that what happens when you are pregnant!
    amber1216

Answer by amber1216 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Laugh it off and consider the source. They thought they were being funny. So a polite grin and changing the subject keeps the situation light and lets them know that the comment wasn't appreciated without having to say it.

Answer by Bmat at 1:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• When I was pregnant the second time I was pretty big, I am small anyway so when I am pregnant there's no hiding it. I was only about 5 months along when people started making comments on how big I was or when they would ask when I was due & I told them they would get this look on their face like you have that long to go?! I never said much I just tried to ignore them, but now I wish I would have just told them that it hurt my feelings because it happened so much that it still kinda hurts my feelings and if I would have said something then maybe I wouldn't feel so sad when I think about that pregnancy. This time I will definately stand up for myself because it's just rude and people probably don't even realize it.
    seoulmom

Answer by seoulmom at 1:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I used to get this too becasue I was big so early. I would just break down sobbing if I were you...teach them a real lesson! LOL.

One lady in a store was making a comment about my size once and I just VERY sarcasticlly said, "Yeah, crazy isn't it?" and she shut right up.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 2:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• You could be a smarty and say yeah, I'm pregnant, what's your excuse? LOL
    Anonymous