Did you find out the sex of your baby?

I am pregnant with my third child and I have a girl and a boy, so I have been considering not finding out the sex. I just think it would be a good surprise, but I'm not sure if I can stand the suspense! I found out the first two times but since I have a girl and a boy I thought it might be fun to not find out but I can't decide. What would you do?

seoulmom

Asked by seoulmom at 1:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I found out all 5 times. It made it easier to buy clothes. But with 2 they couldnt tell the sex & #3 I didnt find out until the last trimester.

Answer by gemgem at 1:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i wanted to know the sex of my kids i couldnt handle not knowing lol i only have 2 tho i would wait til the baby was born to know the sex since its your 3rd congrats
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I did, but he was my first and I had nothing and needed to know what to buy and who to buy for. LOL I also couldn't decide for sure on a name till I knew WHO I was naming. I just think finding out makes it so much easier for planning purposes, but I am sure it would be an awesome surprise. Totally up to you and either way is perfectly awesome!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• YES! I obsessively NEEDED to know. LOL. We almost didnt find out with my son, but I needed another u/s at about 8 months because I was so big and they wanted to see how big he was...he just happened to be facing front with legs spread. I was so happy!
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 2:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I really LOVE the idea of a surprise! But when the lady doing the ultrasound asked me if I wanted to know, I just couldn't stand the thought that she knew and I didn't! So I said yes both times. I am very fortunate to have gotten just what I prayed for both times!! I say since you have both already, and if you can stand the suspense...go for it! I think it would be wonderful to hear the doctor say "It's a boy!", or "It's a girl!" Oooh, I'm so excited for you! Please come by and let me know what you decide hehe! HUGS :0)
    peasntatersmom

Answer by peasntatersmom at 2:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If you can handle the suspense I say go for it. I have 2 boys so if I were to become preggo again I wouldn't be able to wait but if I had one of each I think it would be cool to hear, "It's a ____!" when I gave birth.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Our first one was a surprise but only because the first ultrasound was done too soon and we couldn't afford a second ultrasound.

We knew on the second one because we had to have an amniocentesis (sp?) due to some health concerns.

If you aren't painting a nursery or buying clothes, I say "Let it be a surprise!"
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 2:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm 15 weeks pregnant with twins and I'm still debating finding out!!! Everyone tells me I'm nuts because there are 2 and I should plan aheah, etc., but I love the thought of it being a complete surprise.
    If you can wait, I would hold out until the end! But I know that it is going to be tough when they ask if you want to know...I may even just say yes!
    Anonymous

• I did not find out with either of my kids, but I knew what they were, just because I somehow knew.
    Lil-Jo

Answer by Lil-Jo at 3:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I did not want to know when I had my first two boys...but I definately want to know this time..
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009