does saliva (as lubricant) kills sperm?

ive been TTC for quite some time now (almost 8 months) and i dont know what am i doing wrong. i have heard abt pre-seed but i am wondering how much can (a small amount of ) saliva alter my chances of pregnancy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i dont think saliva is going to hurt. be patient it will happen when its suppose to you may be stressing out to much and thats why your not pregnant yet.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Sure didnt hurt anything here!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes! Saliva is very acidic and can harm sperm.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'v used it for lubricant before, and I had a baby. But it is acidic. So becarful. It could be harmful to the baby.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 2:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've never heard that... WOW learn something new everyday. But I do know... It DID NOT work for us. LOL But if your worried about that... just don't use saliva anymore, get a lubricant
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If you really need lubricant and you are trying to get pregnant, try Pre-Seed. It is really the only sperm friendly lube that I know of. All of the others like KY, can interfere with the sperm swimming and getting where they need to go.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 5:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I purchased preseed last month. I am in the 2ww to see if it worked for me. Look on ebay its a lot cheaper then buying on the website.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009